AST Technology is currently hiring for a Process and Training Engineer.
Progressive Components International Corporation is a Group of companies that work together to offer a unique range of products and services for tooling and molding companies. The company is a leading global player in the industry, marketing its products worldwide. AST Technology is a division of the PCIC Group.
AST Technology is a team of specialists with a vast experience of serving OEM needs: Part design optimization, tool standard development, tool design reviews, molding process reviews and optimization, and management of the documentation throughout the process. Extensive experience has been developed for assisting companies throughout their global manufacturing base.
The Process and Training Engineer is primarily responsible for the provision of remote and on-site process optimization to AST Technology customers. They also provide training courses when required. Main place of work will be at the customer's premises. A home office will be essential. He/she will be required to undertake international travel to meet job requirements. The ideal location of this candidate will be the UK.
The Process and Training Engineer role involves providing support to customers in the characterization and optimization of injection molding processes for new tools but also in resolving problems on existing mold tools. They require an experienced person who is used to applying a scientific structured approach to injection molding processes. They also train their customers so experience in hands on training is essential. Their processing team interact with their tooling experts to ensure that their customers get the full spectrum of technical support for injection molding tooling and processing. This role can be based in various locations; it involves significant travel to customer sites.
• A Higher National Certificate / Degree / higher level technical qualification preferably in polymer related technology.
• Apprenticeship for Tool Maker and / or Injection Molding engineer.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in process optimization and training
• Significant experience in setting up and optimizing injection molding processes using structured techniques / methodologies.
• Experience / knowledge of injection molding in controlled environments such as for food packaging and medical device component manufacture.
• Intermediate level ability in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to structure and manage own workload ensuring productive results for their customers.
• Knowledge and experience of flow simulation in injection molding.
• High standard of knowledge of tooling technology and optimizing component design